Today’s Top Story
- Remaining over-the-counter permits in Turkey Management Zones 6 and 7 will not be issued and over-the-counter permits in zones 4 and 5 will be reduced by 25 percent in response to hunter feedback requesting a conservative approach to the number of permits issued for this spring's hunt, due to concerns that increased winter mortality has depressed turkey numbers.
Also in the newsSEE MORE News
- REPLAY: DNR secretary Cathy Stepp discusses deer, wolves, fracking, mining
- Lake Superior ice caves to close this weekend
- Midwest Crane Count looking for volunteers
- Blogger Len Harris plays the photographed, rather than photographer
- New episode of We Love It! Outdoors features a shooting event in Holmen
- DNR: Wisconsin Fishing Report, calendar and fishing regulation pamphlet now available
- Guide's corner: Pike activity on uptick during late ice
- Caution urged on area snowmobile trails
- MORE NEWS | ALL RECENT HEADLINES
- 3:00 PM
Remaining over-the-counter permits in Turkey Management Zones 6 and 7 will not be issued and over-the-counter permits in zones 4 and 5 will be
- 3:15 PM
Through the years many of my fishing partners have taken photos of me while on stream.
- 2:52 PM
PriceCountyDaily.com reports on an ATV safety class that will be held in Prentice beginning on April 7.
SNOW SPORTSSEE MORE SNOW SPORTS
- 9:39 AM
The popular ice caves on Lake Superior near the Apostle Islands will soon be closed due to ice melt, officials said Wednesday.
SNOWMOBILINGSEE MORE SNOWMOBILING
- Mar. 12, 2014
Some local snowmobile trails remain open while some southern Wood County trails are closing.
- Mar. 10, 2014
There are many pristine X-C ski and snowshoe trails in the Eagle River area.
- 10:55 AM
On Saturday, April 12 from 5:30 a.m. to 7:30 am, the International Crane Foundation will sponsor the 39th Annual Midwest Crane Count, one of the
- 11:45 AM
WATCH LIVE, CHAT IN REAL-TIME! At 10:30 a.m., DNR secretary Cathy Stepp will discuss a variety of issues.
Things To Do
Winter owl prowl: The Friends of the Cedarburg Bog offer this event from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Bring your binoculaurs and a flashlight and dress for the weather. A $5 donation is appreciated. Visit http://bogfriends.org/events/event-registration, e-mail email@example.com or call 262-675-6844. More events | Events map
Wisconsin Sport Show: The Eau Claire Leader Telegram this event at the Eau Claire Indoor Sports Center at 3456 Craig Road in Eau Claire. Open Friday from 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets sold in advance for $6 for those 11 and older. For more information visit http://www.wisportshow.com. More events | Events map
Family nature ski: Visit the Hayward Hospital Trails and join naturalist Emily Stone for a moderately strenuous adventure. Learn about winter tree identification, animal tracking, birds and more. Meet at 10 a.m. at the trailhead. Register by March 13 by calling the Cable Natural History Museum at 715-798-3890. Skis are not provided. Donations accepted. More events | Events map