“Double Vision” by Scott Mcpherson
MILWAUKEE — The 2014 Musky Lure World Championship held at the Milwaukee Musky Expo over the weekend included 24 lures entered from two countries and seven states. Entrants competed in two divisions and six categories within each division. There was also a best of show award. The lures were judged by guests entering the Expo as well as a professional panel of judges. A combination of these votes decided the winners.
Scott Mcpherson was the winner of the best of show and in the Masters Glide/Jerkbait division with a lure named “Double Vision.” The original lure was carved from a block of wood with a joint in the middle which resembled two different fish.
Each winner received a plaque and a $50 gift certificate sponsored by LurePartsOnline.com. The entrants also should be proud that they helped raise over $600 which will be donated to the NPAA for Future Angler Events. The contest is a unique way to highlight the craftsmen that make these amazing creations as well as ensuring the future of musky fishing.
For more information visit http://www.muskieexpo.com/pages/world-championship-handcrafted-muskie-lure-contest.php
• 1st Place Amateur Soft Plastic, Eric Larsen - Richard
• 1st Place Amateur Topwater, Adam Marciniak – Marabou Muskrat
• 1st Place Amateur Glide/Jerkbait, Javier Rodriguez Rodrigo – The Killer
• 1st Place Amateur Blade Bait, Phil Urbanski – Dark Willow
• 1st Place Amateur Crankbait, Chad Harmon – Radioactive Perch
• 1st Place Masters Soft Plastic, Mark Palbici – Hellcat Shockbait
• 1st Place Masters Topwater, Charles Zielke – Better Wounded Minnow
• 1st Place Masters Glide/Jerbait, Scott Mcpherson – Double Vision
• 1st Place Masters Blade Bait, Ed Kott – MFL Swimblade
• 1st Place Masters Crankbait, Ed Kott – MFL Down Deep Walleye
• 1st Place Masters Repaint, Scott Mcpherson, Mr. Brookie
• Best of Show, Scott Mcpherson – Double Vision