Here are some simple repair tips for when boat motors just donít start:
1. Make sure the safety tether is attached. Most boats manufactured after 1987 have a safety device that needs to be attached each time the motor is started. Without this attached, the motor will turn over but will not start.
2. Make sure there is fresh fuel in your boat. It might seem obvious, but itís easy to forget.
3. Check your battery to make sure it is fully charged.
4. Make sure the drain plug is installed prior to launching.
5. If you use a trailer to transport, make sure the tires are prpoerly inflated.
Some maintanence tips to keep your boat out of the shop longer:
1. Always make sure there is fresh fual in the boat
2. Check for adequate amount of oil
3. Check lights on trailer
4. Check tire pressure
Courtesy of Ray Polzer, owner of M and J Marine, Mosinee.